CAMPUS CODE OF CONDUCT.
- Students are expected to maintain the highest standards of discipline and dignified manner of behavior inside as well as outside the College campus. They shall abide by the rules and regulations of the College and should act in a way that highlights the discipline and esteem of the College.
- A six day working schedule from Monday to Saturday is followed. Classes are scheduled from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00p.m.
- All the students are expected to be present in the class well -within time and late coming will attract a fine of Rs 100. Late coming will also result in loss of attendance for the corresponding hour.
- Students shall rise from their seats when the teacher enters the class room and remain standing till the teacher takes her/his seat or they are allowed by the teacher to sit. Silence shall be observed during class hours.
- Teachers shall be greeted appropriately with "Good Morning Sir/Miss" or "Good Afternoon Sir/Miss" and a "Thank you Sir/Miss" when the teacher leaves the class room.
- No student shall enter or leave the class room when the session is on without the permission of the teacher concerned.
- For independent study, students are expected to use the class rooms, library or the demarcated areas of the academic building and shall not resort to sitting in staircases or circulation areas where they could interfere with the free movement.
- In the events of Student seminars/project presentations etc., it is compulsory that all the students of the concerned class be present for the entire session.
- Students can leave the campus during class hours only after getting a gate pass from the Principal, HoD, or the tutor and after making entry in the Gate Register maintained by the gate keeper.
- All students shall leave the classes immediately after 4.15 p.m. No students shall wander or gather in verandah, corridor, and staircase etc. Do not spend much time in canteen.
- All leave applications (Regular & Medical) shall be submitted in time, for sanction by HoD and concerned teachers. Application for medical leave shall be accompanied by valid medical certificates.
- Students shall come to the college in approved uniforms with formal shirts tucked into trousers with black belt and black shoes or semi covered chappels. Hawai type rubber or plastic chappals are not permitted. In addition, lady students will have a blazer over their shirts. Besides those who are in laboratories shall wear their respective lab-coat.
- Students shall not make any alterations to the Uniform issued from the college without the permission of the concerned HoD and any violation of this will attract a fine of Rs300 and repetition of this could result in suspension from the college.
- All the students are expected to attend all college functions in college uniform unless otherwise specified.
- All the students shall bring their identity cards. Any teaching staff and non teaching staff shall have the right to peruse it. Denial of that alone invites disciplinary action.
- Students are expected to maintain silence in the academic buildings to maintain the decorum and, any deviant behavior such as hooting, whistling, loitering etc. will be treated as an instance of indiscipline.
- Keep the campus neat and clean. Do not put any waste anywhere in the campus except in the waste baskets kept. Any violation of this shall invite a minimum fine of Rs. 100/-.
18.It is strongly advised to refrain from activities such as scribbling or noting on walls, door or furniture which could deface the college and destroy the academic ambiance.
- Carefully handle the furniture, equipments, fixtures and appliances of the college and lab. Careless handling/misuse of the above could result personal injuries or damage to property Follow safety precautions near moving machines and electrical installations. In the event of damage of property, the responsible students will have to bear the cost of replacement/repair with fine.
- Harassing juniors, ill treatment to other fellow students or any such form of ragging is objectionable and liable to be treated as criminal offence by the law enforcing agencies as per the directives of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
- Misbehavior towards girl students, use of threat or violence against members of the staff or fellow students will be considered as very serious cases of misconduct.
Code of Conduct for Administrative Staff
- • All staff of the Institute is responsible for protecting and taking reasonable steps to prevent
theft or misuse of, or damage to the Institute’s assets including all kinds of physical assets,
movable and immovable property.
- All the staff members should follow the rules and regulations of the Institution as are prevalent
from time to time.
- Staff must refrain from any form of harassment or unlawful discrimination based on existing
legislative requirements relating to gender/sexuality/age/marital status, pregnancy or likelihood
of pregnancy; physical features, disability or impairment (physical disability or medical status).
- Every staff should maintain confidentiality regarding any affairs in the college. They should not
provide, directly or indirectly, any confidential information to anyone unless instructed by a
- The administrative staff should familiarize themselves with College policies that are relevant to
their responsibilities. They should adhere to those policies to the best of their ability.
- The administrative staff should not be engaged in any inappropriate relationship with students.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR THE MEMBERS OF THE FACULTY
The members of the teaching faculty should endeavour to
- Maintain a decorum, both inside and outside the classroom, and strive hard to be a role model to the students.
- Be punctual, and upright in their service delivery.
- Dress modestly and formally.
- Respect the ideals of democracy, patriotism, and peace.
- Treat the colleagues in the same manner as they wish to be treated.
- Speak respectfully of other teachers, and render, in all possible ways, assistance for their
- Adhere to a responsible pattern of conduct and demeanor expected of them by the
- Render due consideration to the rights and dignity of the students in expressing their
- Motivate students to improve their attributes and at the same time contribute to
- Encourage students to participate in both curricular and co-curricular and extension activities.
- Inculcate research aptitude amongst the students.
- Be friendly towards students and not behave in a vindictive manner with them for their past mistakes.
- Make extra efforts to resolve the apprehensions of the student and solve the queriesbeing
put up by them, post the class hours.
- Inculcate in students the respect for national heritage, national goals, and national integrity.
- Treat students impartially, regardless of their caste, creed, religion, political,economic, or
- Endeavor to act as a good counsellor and facilitator in guiding the students.
- Co-operate with the higher authorities, and extend support towards carrying out the.
- Programmes related to educational responsibilities, such as advising and counselling
students, and facilitate the smooth conduction of the activities, like admission, examination,
invigilation, and evaluation, administrative, and like.
Code of Conduct for Students
- Every student must carry his/her identity card while being present on the College Premises.
- Every student is expected to maintain the general cleanliness within the classrooms, laboratories and the campus in general.
- Every student will remain answerable to the college authority for his/her activity and conduct on the College Premises.
- Any act which obstructs teaching, research, administrative activity and other proceedings of the college is strictly prohibited.
- Using of tobacco products, smoking and consumption of any other intoxicating products is strictly prohibited.
- Playing cards, spitting and loitering are strictly prohibited inside the college & hostel campus and shall invite severe punishment/disciplinary action.
- Use of Cell phones is strictly prohibited during class hour.
- Attempted or actual theft of and/or damage to property of the College, or property of a member of the College community, or other personal or public property, on or off campus will be considered as a punishable act.
- During leisure hours, students are advised to use the library as maximum as possible.
- Students should handle the college properties with care. Damage to the furniture or any other materials may lead to penalty or suspension from the college.
- Indulging ragging, anti-institutional, anti-national, antisocial, communal, immoral or political expressions and activities within the Campus and hostel are strongly prohibited as well as punishable.
- Without the permission of the Principal, Students are not allowed to circulate any printed materials within the college campus.
- Latecomers will not be entertained to enter into the classroom.
- A student should maintain at least 75% attendance in the Lectures of every subject and 100% overall performance. Otherwise, he or she will be debarred from the University Examination.
- Students are required to check the Notice Board and also website of the college for important announcements.