ANTI RAGGING CELL
In conformity with Supreme Court judgements and directions, UGC guidelines and State Government Instructions, Hukum Singh Bora Government Post Graduate College, Someshwar (Almmora) is following ‘Zero-Tolerance policy’ towards ragging. Any student of college accused and found guilty of ragging, will be severely dealt with, in accordance with the Provisions of the Law.
Ragging has ruined countless innocent lives and careers. It is now defined as an act that violates or is perceived to violate an individual student’s dignity. Ragging is totally banned in the campus and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or helping ragging is liable to be punished as it is criminal offence. College ensures strict compliance on the prevention of Ragging in the form.
To build a ragging free environment by instilling the principles of democratic values, tolerance, empathy, compassion and sensitivity to that students become responsible citizens
To create an atmosphere of discipline by passing a clear message that no act of ragging in college premises.
- To prohibit any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- To bring out an awareness among the students about the consequences of ragging.
- To keep a constant eye and vigilance over ragging so as to prevents its occurrence.
- To address any ragging issues immediately and taken action as advised by the committee.
- Anti-Ragging Cell executive meeting will held at thrice in a year.
According to the UGC Regulation on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Institutions, 2009, ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act of physical or mental abuse (including bullying and exclusion) targeted at another student (fresher or otherwise) on the ground of colour, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, gender (including transgender), sexual orientation, appearance, nationality, regional origins, linguistic identity, place of birth, place of residence or economic background.
According to the UGC Regulation on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, those found guilty may be awarded one or more of the following punishments, namely;
- Warning , writing apology letter
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
Powers and Functions: Anti ragging
- To uphold and comply with the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and be vigilant on any acts amounting to ragging;
- To publicize to all students and prevalent directives and the actions that can be taken against those indulging in ragging;
- To consider the complaints received from the students and conduct enquiry and submit report to the Anti- Ragging Committee along with punishment recommended for the offenders;
- Oversee the procedure of obtaining undertaking from the students in accordance with the provisions;
- Conduct workshops against ragging menace and orient the students;
- To provide students the information pertaining to contact address and telephone numbers of the person(s) identified to receive complaints/distress calls;
- To offer services of counseling and create awareness to the students;
- To take all necessary measures for prevention of Ragging inside the Campus.
|1||Dr. C P Verma||Assistant Professor||Convenor||9119732420|
|2||Dr Rakesh Pandey||Assistant Professor||Member||9456138619|
|3||Dr Amita Prakash||Assistant Professor||Member||9412314814|
|4||Dr Shalini Tamta||Assistant Professor||Member||9410920602|
|5||Dr Prachi Tamta||Assistant Professor||Member||7252944135|
|6||Student Union President||Student||Student Member||7579422161|
Conducting an awareness program consequence of ragging on every year
Within 1st week starting of odd semester.