Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Government Post Graduate College Someshwar, Almora
Quality assurance is a bi-product of ongoing efforts to define the objectives of an institution to have a work plan to achieve them and to specify the checks and balances to evaluate the degree to which each of the tasks is fulfilled. Hence devotion and commitment rather than mere institutional control is the basis for devising procedures and instruments for assuring quality. Internal Quality Assurance Cell is working under the supervision of Dr Rakesh Pandey.
The main goals of the IQAC are:
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
The IQAC shall have the following function:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles; Documentation of the various programs/activities of the College, leading to quality, improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR;
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavors.
1). To be fully informed about the Quality Assurance standards and peer review processes with reference to NBA and NAAC in particular & ABET and Washington Accord in general.
2). To serve as knowledgeable resource for other faculty members of their respective departments on the matters related to accreditation Quality Assurance process.
3). To conduct awareness meetings at regular intervals to faculty, NT staff and students of their respective department so as to make them fully aware of the importance of Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance standards and peer review process and all such other related processes.
4). To provide feedback and recommendations to the authority with regard to all issues related to Quality Assurance processes from time to time.
Composition of IQAC
- Chairman : Dr. A. K. Joshi (Principal)
- Coordinator : Dr. Rakesh Pandey (Dept. of Mathematics)
- Member : Dr. Vivek Kumar Arya (Dept. of Commerce)
- Member : Dr. Vipin Chandra (Dept. of Hindi)
- Member : Shri Neeraj Singh Pangtey (Dept. of English)
- 6. Member : Rajendra Singh Kaira (Student)
- 7. Member : Kavita Patani (Student)
- Member : Mr. Pawan Joshi (Alumni)
- Member : Mr. Suresh Bora (Parent)
Institutional Information for Quality Assessment (IIQA)
Hukum Singh Bora Government Post Graduate College Someshwar, Almora, Uttarakhand.