Department of Psychology
Year of establishment- 2023
Posts Sanctioned for Teaching Faculty – One
Post Filled – Dr. Kamala Dhaulakhandi Bhardwaj (Professor), working since 4th July, 2023.
Posts Sanctioned for Lab Assistant- NIL
Posts Sanctioned for Lab Bearer- NIL
Course Offered- B.A. in Psychology
Vision and Mission of the Department
The Department of Psychology aspires to be a centre of excellence in psychological enquiry and experiential learning by offering best possible facilities for theoretical, as well as, practical understanding of the subject; and by motivating students to pursue higher education and research in Psychology so that they can serve the region and work for perfect mental health, happiness, well being and all-round development of its people.
- To familiarize students with this new subject and inform them about its scope.
- To contribute to complete understanding of psychology and its applications in day to day life situations.
- To nurture students to become intellectually competent through scientific study of human behavior, cognition and emotion.
- To cultivate cultural sensitivity and a sense of social responsibility in students.
- To help them develop empathetic understanding of human experiences and become good citizens in a globalised world.
- To engage students in high quality and high impact research both within and across disciplines
- To promote human development, learning, health, and well-being through high quality education, research, and services.